There are two points where the annual regulatory fee is applied in the entry year:
- The minimum fee for the site must be paid within 60 days of the licence being issued.
- After March 31st, the minimum fee is reconciled against actual cannabis revenue for the entry year, and, if the amount is greater than the minimum fee that was paid, the licence holder will be required to pay the difference.
- Minimum payment due within 60 days of earliest effective date
- If applicable: payment of the difference between the minimum fee and the annual regulatory fee for the entry year, due no later than September 30 of the first year
The annual regulatory fee is based on the daily average of cannabis revenue earned in the entry year pro-rated over 365 days. There is no reconciliation at the end of the first year against actual revenue earned.
- Statement of cannabis revenue for the entry year, due no later than April 30 of the first year
- Payment of the annual regulatory fee for the first year due no later than September 30 of the first year
The annual regulatory fee is based on the previous year’s actual cannabis revenue.
- Statement of cannabis revenue from the previous year, due no later than April 30
Payment of annual regulatory fee, due no later than September 30